Shusho here sings "I be waiting". She sings as only angels one has the fortune to hear, I suppose, sing and do. And she's accompanied by a superbly talented boy band, which knows it knows its stuff inside-out, and how to strut it without obtruding. I don't know who's in it, but this I know: It has put together here for us a wonderfully moving feast for the ear and the loving heart (and lovely) -- with verve and a passion for blended sound and all-around musical play that's at once modest and self-assured, and above all transporting. Christina is a Gospel icon in these Eastern parts of our great continent. And we're proud of her. And she is, I guess, proud to be among us; to be, as some would say, "Amongest us!" Amen! May she continue with her craft for ever, like. May she reach farther -- well beyond this Swahili Region. May she reach higher, and carry all and sundry with 'er. Juu! Juu! May we have the ears to always hear her! And may she always be heard!
PS:Hey, before you go, do take a listen here: Waranda Randa Mbao. Then we'll have a conversation about it, when we have the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment