Thursday, January 28, 2010

Obama's State of the Union Speech

President Obama delivered his 'first' State of the Union speech to a joint-session of US Congress yesterday. I would have loved to watch it, but overslept:

Click here to read the speech.

The speech has so far elicited various reactions within the US -- from fringe Republican predictability to those willing to be persuaded and wishing him to succeed.

In general, it seems, his drive to re-connect with middle class citizens just might work -- if his agenda works, against a tide of Republican baying.

The monumental question, though, is this: Will globalization's tentative but inexorable equitization momentum allow him ample elbow room for the US to fully recover, in his watch? That's the thought that came to my mind as I waded through all the aftertalk, such as I was able to wade through in the (rushed) morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bumped into your site. Very informative. I shall become a follower. Keep it up

Anonymous said...

I just bumped into your site. Very informative. I shall become a follower. Keep it up